Headaches are quite common, and because it can stem from various causes, some headache sufferers already seek treatment on an almost day-to-day basis. Luckily, there are some home remedies that you can be used to alleviate migraine pain and other forms of headaches. So treat get rid of your headache problems now using these five natural treatments.
- Lavender Oil. Not only does it smell great, lavender oil can also be an effective treatment for headaches and migraine pain. Just add two to four drops of the oil to a cup of boiling water, and inhale the lavender’s vapour to relieve your headache. If you want, you can also apply the oil topically to ease your migraine pains.
- Peppermint Oil. If you constantly suffer from tension headaches, then peppermint oil is for you. This soothing oil has vaso-dilating and -constricting properties that helps in controlling the blood flow in the body, thereby lessening your chances of experiencing severe headaches. Other than that, you can also use this home remedy to open up your sinuses to let more oxygen into your bloodstream.
- Basil Oil. It certainly makes a good topping for pastas and pizzas, but basil can also be an excellent natural treatment for headaches. Basil oil works as a muscle relaxant, making it an excellent home remedy for people suffering from headaches caused by tight muscles and tension.
- Diet Changes. Other than inhaling various oils, another useful home remedy to ease your headaches is to make some healthy changes in your diet. Some studies showed that headaches are often caused by certain foods, such as peanut butter, chocolate, banana, avocado, bacons and hotdogs. So start making some necessary changes into your diet now and keep track of your potential trigger foods using a food diary.
- DIY Scalp Massages. Aside from being beneficial for your scalp and hair, DIY scalp massages can also aid in easing your migraine pain. Studies showed that massaging the area in the back of your head will help in reducing your migraine pain, so make it a habit to regularly massage your scalp to prevent or lessen your chances of experiencing severe headaches.
Headaches can be really difficult to deal with, but with these natural treatments you can now easily lessen your chances of experiencing extreme migraine pains and headaches.