The National Geographic Channel Young Explorer’s Programme
Learning should not be confined in the classroom only for there are many things kids can learn outside. This is the belief of the National Geographic Channel Young Explorers Programme. The National Geographic Channel is inviting pupils to join their nature education programme. In fact, it is expected that there will be 4000 primary school pupils joining the said program this year.
On January 3, 2014, Dr. Vivian Balakrishnan formally opened the 2014 National Geographic Channel Young Explorer’s Programme. The ceremony was held at the Botanic Gardens. The programme seeks to bring primary school pupils (ages 7-10 years old) to nature trails here in Singapore. Nature trails here include Bottle Tree Park and Botanic Gardens. For pupils who will complete the workbook, they will be selected to conduct nature camping in Borneo.
If you are a parent and you want your kid to join this programme, you can help your kid complete the following steps:
- Step one: You need to go to the official page of the National Geographic Channel Young Explorer. Your kid will be prompted to fill the registrations form. You can help him/her with that. Looking for the official page is not that difficult.
- Step two: After registering, your kid can finally access his/her account. You have to help your kid fill the information asked. Remember to fill all the fields required. You also need to encourage your kid to sign up two workshops that he/she prefers.
- Step three: Your kid should attend a workshop. There are many workshops so let your kid choose and decide. He/she needs to accomplish the self learning activity. The self learning activity worksheets should be submitted on or before March 7, 2014.
- Step four: You can help your kid submit the accomplished worksheets at any StarHub retail stores. Participants who completed and passed their worksheets on or before March 7, 2014 will be given a special certificate and NGC Young Explorer badge.
- Step five: If your child is eyeing for the Explorer Camp, you should remind him/her to submit the worksheets on or before March 7, 2014. The winning entries will be announced on March 8 at 12 noon. Your kid can look forward to this event.
Educators and parents should not worry if their pupils and kids consider these kinds of programmes. This will help in their growth and development. Learning can be done in a fun, dynamic and interactive manner. For sure kids will appreciate this method of learning. There are many programmes underway. It is important that kids know they are supported all the time.