Things Only Professional Tennis Players Can Identify
The 2014 Australian Open is a tennis tournament that occurred in Melbourne Park from January 13 to 26, 2014. It was the 102nd edition. The 2014 Australian Open was phenomenal because it was the 1st Grand Slam tournament for this year. You should know that the tournament comprised of different events only for Junior, Professional and Wheelchair players. The players will battle for supremacy in the field of Singles, Doubles and Mixed Doubles.
If you did not get the chance to learn the results, you can read further. Women’s Singles was won by Li Na against Dominika Cibulkova. The Men’s Singles was won by Stanislas Waerinka against Rafael Nadal. Women’s Doubles were won by Roberta Vinci and Sara Errani against Elena Vesnina and Ekaterina Makarova. Men’s Doubles were won by Robert Lindstedt and Lukasz Kubot against Raven Klaasen and Eric Butorac. Mixed Doubles were won by Daniel Nestor and Kristina Mladenovic against Horia Tecau and Sania Mirza.
If tennis interests you, you should do your best to cope with professionals. There are things that only professional tennis players can identify. If you know these things, you are getting close. Here are some things that only professional tennis players can identify:
- There are only two brands. You should know that in professional tennis, there can only be two brands – Nike and Adidas. With that being said, you should think carefully what brand suits you better. When choosing shoes, pick something that you are comfortable with.
- There will only be one ball. Professional tennis players do not “recycle” balls. The balls can only be used once because they tend to go bad after the game. Every game, you should get new balls so it will not affect your performance. It is a nice feeling hitting new balls, right?
- What matters a lot? When you encounter this question, you should know the answer. In tens, the strings of your racquet matter. If you fail to consider this, it will surely affect your performance. Keep in mind that the type of string and the tension have to match your racquet.
- There are only four types of fans. In tennis, there are only four types of fans – Rafa, Roger, Murray and Djokovic. Sad as it may seem, the others does not matter. These people are famous that even non-tennis players recognize their prowess and talent.
- It is an all-around sport. People see tennis as a simple game but in truth, it is an all-around sport. It will challenge your coordination (hand and eye), speed, endurance, flexibility, strength, power and mental stability. As if these are not enough, you also need lots of money (to fund your travel and your game).